Are you hiring for a remote Python position?Post a Job in this section
Python Mysql Senior Engineer
Python Mysql Senior Engineer
Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful and easy to use. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.
Our team is remote, with all our engineers either in New York or Argentina (BS AS and Mar del Plata). We do daily stand-ups via Google Hangouts and communicate regularly using video chat and Slack.
We are seeking a senior software engineer with extraordinary programming and analytic abilities. You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to grow with the experience of working with talented engineers. We are obsessed with disrupting an industry that desperately needs it, by continuing to build tools that help make our customers do great things.
We are hiring engineers in American timezones only for right now.
* You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
* You’ve got lots of experience with Python, MySQL, SQLAlchemy and FLASK.
* You’ve worked on high-scale products and high-load DBs.
* You have lots of AWS experience.
* You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
* You take pride in your craft.
* You’ve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
* You can craft elegant solutions when solving complex features and solutions.
* You want to build something that is disrupting an entire industry
* You can handle a fast paced environment.
* You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
* We serve several of the largest Shopify stores and have to deal with large spikes in volume. We already use SQS, elastic beanstalk, Amazon Aurora (mySQL) with write and multiple reads and DynamoDB. We need to make further improvements as our demand continues to grow. Changes will involve modifying some table structures to make them more load friendly and modifying existing code to be smarter and to work with updated table structures. And doing so without breaking a system that is used to ship over $1billion a year in goods.
* Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
* Lead regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
* Optimize existing tech stack and solutions, determine path to next step in the evolution.
* Learn, and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that you’re constantly improving upon.
* Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
* Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things, you’re not a “rockstar”.
* Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
See more jobs at Shiphero
Apply for this Job
👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote OK as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!
Post a job on the biggest remote jobs board by traffic on the internet. Remote OK reaches 1,000,000+ remote workers over 90 days . These are people looking for jobs they can do from anywhere. If that's what your company offers, you're in the right place.
A job post on Remote OK gets you on average 100 to 500 applicants for your position (depending on how popular the job is) and guarantees visibility to 1,000,000+ job seekers.Close
Here's the preview of your job post (it's not live yet):
Not good? Go back! Good? Press the button below to post it!
Join the biggest companies in the world recruiting remote talent through Remote OK, like...