About the Job
We have an immediate need for a multi-talented Digital Sales and Marketing Manager to join our Business Development team. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Digital Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for generating industry visibility and new business opportunities for Fastspot through marketing, social media, content creation, and outbound lead generation. The role will create and execute strategies for the above that are coordinated with business development goals for Fastspot's one-year, three-year, and ten-year plans and will participate in the development and management of responses to leads generated.
The Digital Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for building, optimizing, and analyzing lead generation initiatives to increase pipeline for sales. This role will assist in building new business opportunities and productive client relationships through marketing activity and outbound campaigns.
The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of search engine marketing, social media, website measurement, interactive content experiences, and demand generation. The candidate should be comfortable with measuring and analyzing campaign performance.
This is a full-time position that may be located at Fastspot’s Baltimore-based office. Fastspot will consider candidates who demonstrate a capacity to excel from a remote location. Some travel may be required. Candidates who wish to be considered for a full-time distributed position should be prepared to explain how they’ve been effective as a remote employee in the past and give examples of the tools or techniques they have used to stay connected with the on-site culture of their previous employer(s).
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Developing and executing effective acquisition strategies for securing high-quality prospective customer leads from existing and new target industries.
- Developing digital marketing strategy and annual plans including key tactics and programs to deliver/exceed targeted goals and objectives in collaboration with the Director of Business Development.
- Providing insights and analysis to determine lead quality and ROI from various digital marketing campaigns within and across various digital channels.
- Assisting in the development and management of a strong pipeline of new customers and projects in accounts.
- Creating content on Fastspot’s websites and social media channels to support marketing and lead generation.
- Helping maintain a customer database (via Pipedrive or other software) to enable the tracking of leads and easy recall of prospective client details.
- Working collaboratively with team members at Fastspot to highlight strengths and points of differentiation through marketing outreach.
- Working with paid search, rich media and video, mobile, social, and search engine optimization (SEO) to ensure integration of digital marketing with business development strategy and tactics.
- Managing digital media planning and buying.
- Accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent writing skills;
- impeccable attention to detail;
- confidence and ease in personal interactions;
- a good sense of humor and positive attitude;
- self-motivation, confidence, and proactivity;
- a keen sense of organization;
- a natural ease working with technology and the web;
- the ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and projects simultaneously;
- personal accountability, resourcefulness, and responsibility;
- a passion for technology and/or design;
- the ability to generate content that is creative, innovative, and of excellent quality;
- willingness and flexibility to travel.
Even better if you have:
- experience leveraging WBENC or MBE certifications for marketing purposes;
- experience working in the digital space or at a digital agency;
- experience and success working and collaborating with distributed team members.
- BA/BS degree in a related field (marketing, business, or similar) or equivalent practical experience (4 years minimum experience in lieu of degree)
- Professional experience in account management, digital marketing, business development, or similar (3 years minimum)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing digital marketing strategies and new business leads
- Experience tracking, analyzing, and reporting on results of marketing and campaign efforts (leads generated, ROI)
- Experience creating, managing, and tracking content for social media accounts and blogs
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Hubspot, Cision, Marketo, and/or other comparable marketing automation software
- Experience working in the digital space, including a strong comfort level with web technology
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams, including designers and developers
Fastspot offers a full benefits package including:
- minimum 120 hours of paid time off
- flexible schedule and remote workdays when needed
- generous office closure days around the fall/winter holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- healthcare with vision and dental options at little to no cost to the employee (depending on age)
- company HSA
- employer-paid teledoc service with smart phone app support
- employer-paid life, short term, and long term disability insurance policies
- free pool and gym membership at office campus at Mill No. 1
- dog-friendly office
- pool table, virtual reality, and full bar with two draught beers on tap
- fully-paid Fastspot fun events throughout the year including the annual company baseball outing and holiday party