As a Senior Software Developer in the roundCorner development team, you will be involved in the technical design and development of all aspects of the roundCorner product line. You will develop, enhance and maintain software in accordance with the Force.com best practices as specified by Salesforce.com.
Your responsibilities will include designing, coding, debugging and performance analysis as well as being involved with customer deployments, partner product integrations and competitive benchmarking. You will work in a tight-knit team and will share challenges with your colleagues.
This position requires someone who has great interpersonal skills to work with many different departments within the company including Support, Consulting, Product Management, and your fellow team members in Engineering. You will be developing high quality code that will be rolled out to thousands of customers. You are comfortable developing in Java or .Net, and ideally, Salesforce’s Apex language.
The job involves working as a member of an agile team building new functionality or enhancing existing functionality in line with roundCorner’s development program. Knowledge of the SCRUM methodology would be an advantage as well as having developed packaged solutions sold to external customers.
There may be the need for occasional offsite meetings or visits. This job will require ad-hoc flexibility in working hours in order to support and liaise with the company’s US division, customers and technology partner Salesforce.com, as needed.
What You’ll Do:
• Knowledge and experience of complex enterprise applications and advanced Object Orientated (OO) patterns and architecture principles, such as database design and concurrent users
• Developing high quality software within agreed timescales
• Working with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and Technical Architect to develop software from a set of requirements using the SCRUM methodology.
• Working collaboratively within a SCRUM team
• Contributing to daily standup, story grooming, and sprint planning meetings
• Reviewing User Help documentation
• Working within a framework of published standards and practices within the company
• Providing technical advice and guidance to Business Analysts
• Support of the operational business through adoption of new technologies and development of ad hoc prototypes and Proofs of Concept (POC)
• Seamless solving of planned and unanticipated issues arising during development phase
• Supporting the SCRUM release planning and sprint planning process through analysis and estimation of development work
• Contributing to Automated Testing
• Assisting with Manual Testing
• Packaging for major and minor releases
• Assisting the recruitment process as well as training and mentoring new starters into the team
• Strict management of source code modifications at release time
• Influence best practice process improvements
What You’ll Need:
• Experience in development with Java or .Net, and ideally, Salesforce’s Apex language.
• Demonstrable experience of developing enterprise applications
• Skills in analyzing and solving problems
• Understanding of application architecture principles
• Proficiency in OO programming
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• The ability to communicate clearly about ideas & designs both verbally and in writing
• Understanding of data integration and web services
• Ability to work well within a team
• Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity
• Excellent English skills, oral and written
• Managing time and projects
• Ability to communicate well with staff in customer-support and other departments
• Experience developing on Force.com