Our vision is to simplify software by expressing it as merely functions and events, while abstracting away infrastructure and its maintenance.
We started by helping developers build applications entirely with functions powered by serverless compute services (e.g., AWS Lambda) via the Serverless Framework, and inadvertently helped start a movement.
Now, we're beginning the next chapter of this story and looking for senior infrastructure engineers to design and deliver next-generation infrastructure-as-a-service products to help developers and companies deploy large-scale serverless, event-driven architectures, easily.
- Design and build a reliable, low-latency, high-throughput, large-scale IaaS platform, largely written in Go.
- Use cutting-edge technologies such as AWS, Serverless Compute, Go, Docker & Terraform to architect our IaaS.
- Automate safely deploying software, managing capacity and mitigating failures.
- Share and spread your expertise through contributions to our blog and speaking at conferences.
- Product sensibility – As an early stage company, we're most interested in engineering leaders who understand how to craft raw software projects into compelling user-facing products.
- Clear, enthusiastic communicator – Able to lead and inspire teams, customers and our general open-source community.
- Entrepreneurial – Comfortable in a dynamic startup environment where change is constant and you will be largely self-guided.
To help our customers understand their Serverless infrastructure we’re working on various tools and services to collect data about and visualize their systems.
To accomplish this we need to send data from their application into our system for every function that is running. Those can quickly rise to millions and millions of events being collected.
To collect, store and efficiently access that data in our backend we’re looking for people with a history of designing and building large data systems and a strong background in automation on AWS. From using PostgreSQL or similar databases to NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra or time-series databases, you will be responsible for the data layer of the Serverless products. You will lead the selection and implementation of these parts of our System. You will work together in a larger team to build automation and the whole backend ingestion architecture and allow our frontend team to efficiently query the data storage.
We’re mostly working with Node.js and Go, but are open to other languages if they are a better fit.
5 years experience in the industry (if you have less but think you can do the job let us know)
- Experience with multiple database systems, scaling and query optimisation
- Experience with high scaling event-based systems
- Strong background in software engineering best practices (Code Review, TDD, …)
- History of working with time-series data a strong plus
- Experience with remote work a plus
- Fully remote team
- Competitive pay/equity based on transparent worldwide formula
- Working on and with cutting-edge technology
- Being an early part of quickly growing company
- Top-tier investment firms
- Sponsored speaking at conferences
- Unlimited paid vacation with 20 minimum vacation days everyone has to take to be productive